Didja hear? Stapleton Eastbridge development updates
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 Leave a Comment
The folks at Stapleton Denver had a lunch to update us on Forest City's development plans - including the new Bluff Lake neighborhood.
I have to say, I love these informal lunches - I love to hear what's going on, and yes, I love the gossip. And I buy into the Stapleton promise every time: front porches, parks, walkable community...
If you haven't been out to east Eastbridge lately, take a drive out here and take a look - the fences and earth movers are gone, the streets are laid out, and KB has broken ground on the first homes in the Bluff Lake neighborhood.
Here's the latest news:
1. Mercy Housing and the Bluff Lake Apartments hosted a Grand Opening yesterday and the first families moved in! 100 families will soon reside there.
2. The Botanica Apartments in Eastbridge will be ready to rent this fall. 200 units are available there. (The Astor Apartments, on that funny strip of land on MLK by the United building, is 80% filled!)
3. Bluff Lake neighborhood will feature homes from KB, Wonderland, David Weekely, New Town, Parkwood, Standard Pacific, and Infinity's Lime collection. It will feature 4 really cool parks themed around sight, smell, hearing and touch. Can't wait for the edible park! Cherry pies... herbs... berries... and yes, it is in the city of Denver (you know people wonder about that!) 300 homes will be there.
**CORRECTION** the first phase of the Bluff Lake Neighborhood will have about 120 homes and the second phase will have just more than 150 … Botanica Eastbridge Apartments will also have 118 units.
4. With the 500 existing homes in Eastbridge, plus the 600 homes coming, I figure that's about 3,000 people living here... with what is perceived as questionable infrastructure.
5. By infrastructure, I mean schools, shopping, decent roads, transportation.
6. Will there be a grocery store? No, not now. When? Don't know. The grocery store anchor for the Eastbridge Town Center will not even begin discussions until all of this Eastbridge development is complete.
7. Will there be a school in the original Eastbridge site? No. The community decided they did not want to wait for the remediation work to be finished, so the Swigert site was selected in Central Park West... blah blah blah...
8. Will Havana or Moline be improved? No update.
9. Will RTD put stops out here? Huh? No. (Hey, B-Cycles, a perfect spot awaits!!)
OK, that takes care of Eastbridge updates. Did I mention the parks in Bluff Lake will be awesome?
In other news, Northfield Stapleton is psyched about the Central Park Bridge - now open and it goes both ways and makes it so easy to get to Northfield now!
In fact, they're holding a big celebration July 14th. Stay tuned for details. Ling & Louie's told me they're seeing LOTS more Stapleton customers!
Stapleton's next phase will cross I-70 and will likely happen soon.
So what do you think?
Best ways to keep up on the scoop?
- Read Stapleton Denver's daily blog!
- Follow @stapletondenver on Twitter... what? You're not on Twitter? Get on! Follow me @stapletonmom too!