Just throw it out

Saturday, December 15, 2007 Leave a Comment

Note to self: sponges are not the place to pinch pennies.

I read somewhere that you should microwave your sponge to kill all the germs. I thought it said 2 minutes but that was clearly too long because smoke started pouring out of the microwave with a foul chemical smell that still lingers and I burned the thing completely up. It was nothing but a smoldering pile of ash when I pulled it out.

Next time, I'll just throw it out like I usually do.

2 comments »

  • Penny said:  

    Ha! Also baking soda works. Rub it in and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.

  • My Ice Cream Diary said:  

    Ha ha ha. You killed Sponge Bob.

    Was it wet when you microwaved it? I microwave mine really wet and that way it also steams the inside of my microwave, making it much easier to clean.